help!!! Baby sulcata question swelled up look at pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Poor little guy!! I'm glad he seems better!!

M

Maggie Cummings

So Chris, do you feel better about him? Do you think he's better? Did you get him to a Vet today, or do you not think it's necessary anymore? I guess all my questions put together mean what's going on with Tank now and how do you feel about it? :) I apologize for the tone of my previous post. I just meant to be helpful, not stuffy or pushy...

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
maggie3fan said:
So Chris, do you feel better about him? Do you think he's better? Did you get him to a Vet today, or do you not think it's necessary anymore? I guess all my questions put together mean what's going on with Tank now and how do you feel about it? :) I apologize for the tone of my previous post. I just meant to be helpful, not stuffy or pushy...

Hey, oh no, I didn't take offence to anything you said. I do think he's better today. You know, it's so hard to tell. I have some new pictures of him. From the front he looks totally normal, but from the side he looks swollen....? Not sure why. Anyway, I fed him this morning but I didn't give him quite as much as I normally do. When I soaked him he had three nice poops in his water. I had already made up my mind if he didn't poop or was acting slugish I would take him to the vet, but he was acting perfectly fine, eating and pooping. It's really weird. Do you happen to have or know where I can find a picture of a sulcata baby that is taken from the side like the one's I'm taking that he looks swollen in? Something so I can compare to??? Know what I mean. Anyway, if you would let me know your opinion in the new pictures I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you!

Attachments

• tank15.jpg
    tank15.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 43
  • tank19.jpg
    tank19.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 66
M

Maggie Cummings

He looks fine to me. There was a recent thread by someone who had just gotten 2 Sulcata babies and took good pix of them.I made a comment about the fat legs on one. I'll look for it tomorrow and see if we can make a comparison...

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
maggie3fan said:
He looks fine to me. There was a recent thread by someone who had just gotten 2 Sulcata babies and took good pix of them.I made a comment about the fat legs on one. I'll look for it tomorrow and see if we can make a comparison...

Ok cool! Thank you!

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
its not his legs we are concerened about.. its the shell.. its bulging.. right?

Yes the shell. If you will look at the first pics I posted you can really see how puffed up he was. Have any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.