Help! (doesn't move)

baldegale

albinos and leucistics in turtles is quite rare, and pig noses are a big species so the price does kinda make sense. (i dont know much about turtles, mainly torts)

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Congrats ! You have a water turtle. An albino pig nosed turtle, me thinks.
What is your problem ?

baldegale

I'm experienced in freshwater aquarium keeping so size shouldnt matter too much..

i would assume this turtle would have to be put in a pond or a MASSIVE aquarium of some sorts. kind of like the King Of Diys 2000 gal on youtube.

Jenna lore

Florida
Congrats ! You have a water turtle. An albino pig nosed turtle, me thinks.
What is your problem ?
Well I was told it was a tortoise, and told the forum it was a tortoise and about my set up, and I got barraged :(

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
This is what I got from talking to my turtle friendIMG_1519599227.952347.jpg
He says it’s an albino soft shell.

Jenna lore

Florida
i would assume this turtle would have to be put in a pond or a MASSIVE aquarium of some sorts. kind of like the King Of Diys 2000 gal on youtube.
I can get a 300 gallon set up tmrw and I have two koi ponds and wouldn't mind selling the fish from one in a koi show in the future if need be

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Yes, getting a tortoise and putting it in an aquarium is no bueno. Good thing it’s a turtle.

Bee62

Germany
Well I was told it was a tortoise, and told the forum it was a tortoise and about my set up, and I got barraged :(
I`ve read it. Sorry, I am sure no one wanted to upset you, but a tortoise would drown in a set up of a turtle.

Jenna lore

Florida
I have spare play sand, the tank was bare due to it previously belonging to fish that eat from the ground and were accidentally ingesting the micro gravel

baldegale

I have spare play sand, the tank was bare due to it previously belonging to fish that eat from the ground and were accidentally ingesting the micro gravel

a lot more research will have to be done, considering were all tort people rather than turtle hahah

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
“So first off there are a few basic requirement for a softshell turtle because that's not a pig nosed/fly river turtle
-sand it's necessary no way around it
- water heater (protected they are rough)
- food they are carnivores so spring mix won't work things like guppies, rosy red minnows, earthworms, etc. NO GOLDFISH!!
- lots of places to hide but nothing sharp
- A VERY good filter (cannister preferably) or daily water changes
- A dock to get out of the water and bask softshells normally won't use it but it won't hurt
Also make sure the water is no higher than the turtle can reach from the bottom with it's neck”
My friend tells me that these are the bare basics.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
He also says that it’s either an albino Florida soft shell, or an albino Chinese soft shell, and that the 2000 dollar price tag is not reasonable at all. He’s leaning towards Chinese.
Also, this-
IMG_1519600389.072777.jpg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I don't think I've ever seen an albino softshell before. Very cool! Is it aggressive at all? I had one when I was growing up (not an albino) that was about as aggressive as a snapping turtle.