HELP! heat sources out! young leopard stuck in the 60's!!

Rexx Doopson

hi there I have a a leopard tortoise that's about a year old. today when i came home to check, the whole setup was off. all the heat lamps were off and the enclosure was cold. i dont know what happened, maybe there was a tiny surge and the surge protector turned off the power to the room, but what i'm worried about is my tortoise. it was in the mid sixties when i came back. i dont know how long my tortoise was in the cold (the most could have been 7 hours), but im just worried that this could have had a bad effect on my tortoise. could anything have happened to him??

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Is the heat back on? If so, don't worry about it.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
This happened to me recently. My Leopards aren't much older than yours. My father (elderly) accidentally unplugged the power strip to which all my heat/lights are plugged into. When I got home the temps were quite low. Both my torts are fine though and yours should be as well. Do a nice warm soak and just monitor closely for the next day but it is likely your tort will be fine.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Should be fine if you got the heat back on. If you do see any signs of a runny nose, put the heat up to 85 day and night for a week or so until the runny nose goes away.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Like Barb said, just turn the heat up for a few days to compensate, and keep an eye out for signs of RI. A few hours of temps in the 60s should not be a big deal.

Then figure out what happened, so it doesn't happen again.