Help identifying

Host3saft

100_2788.JPG

His shell looks like the one on the far left, or am I wrong?

Host3saft

Loads of posts from my side now, BUT can he perhaps be a Tunisian spur-tighed tort? I got some info from previous owner, and apperantly, he was "imported" from tunis.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Give Chris a chance to come back. He's pretty busy these days.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
You do not have the one on the far left which is a Hermann's tortoise. You 100% have Greek tortoise no doubt about it and it definitely appears to be a Libyan animal )Testudo graeca cyrenaica).

Last edited by a moderator:

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Without DNA, you will never be able to be absolutely sure but the animal lacks typical traits found in Tunisian tortoises while it holds truer to Libyan tortoises. Both subspecies are in many ways similar but shape alone moves the animal out of the "Tunisian Group".

Host3saft

DSC_0428.JPG
His basking spot holds 28 degrees celsius, and the cage holds humidity at 60% according to the mesouring thing. he got a big bathing/drinking bowl, which he has been laying in for about 10 minutes now.

He got a heating lamp instead of the heating plate, a 100W infra red thing, and I have a UV light lighting up most of his cage(expect where he sleeps , so it stays colder ).

I'm gonna build him a 2 story table, about 1,5 square meters first floor and 0,75 meters top floor.

Is this good enough?

Thanks for all the help so far <3