Help, Look Who's Awake!!

Turtlesfromcolo

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Due to our crazy weather here in Colorado my adult ornate female just now came up. Not expecting her until April. We've been in the 80's all week. But, it's going to be cooling down with some expected rain on Friday, expecting high 40's almost 50 degrees during the day. Until Friday we are in the 70's but low 40's at night. My worry is Should I leave her be, or should I soak her tonight and bring her in the garage at night? Please help, I'm not sure what to do. I've Never had this happen before. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 1490138847855.jpg
    1490138847855.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 28

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Due to our crazy weather here in Colorado my adult ornate female just now came up. Not expecting her until April. We've been in the 80's all week. But, it's going to be cooling down with some expected rain on Friday, expecting high 40's almost 50 degrees during the day. Until Friday we are in the 70's but low 40's at night. My worry is Should I leave her be, or should I soak her tonight and bring her in the garage at night? Please help, I'm not sure what to do. I've Never had this happen before. Thanks!!
I would clean her, soak her, check her out really good when she's clean and then put her back out. She knows what to do when it cools back off. Several of mine came up for a few days, but dig back in during the evening. Tomorrow we drop back in the 50's during the day so I don't expect to see them until it warms again.

Turtlesfromcolo

Colorado
I would clean her, soak her, check her out really good when she's clean and then put her back out. She knows what to do when it cools back off. Several of mine came up for a few days, but dig back in during the evening. Tomorrow we drop back in the 50's during the day so I don't expect to see them until it warms again.
Thanks, Sounds good to me. She had already dug back down by the time I went to go soak her. I'm Expecting another warm day tomorrow, so I'm sure she'll be back out. I'll get her all cleaned up and soaked then. I've never had one of my turtles do this before. I keep telling myself these guys do live on their own in the wild and know how to live in Colorado's crazy weather.. I was just worried. Thanks again for the extra needed reassurance.

Last edited: