HELP MEEEE TURTLE LAID EGG

PumkinRulez

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
If you have a male turtle around, it's most likely fertile. If you're not sure u can shine a flashlight into the egg in the dark. If u see red lines or veins, its fertile. If there's nothing inside, it's not fertile. If u find that it's fertile, u can mark the egg somehow to make sure it doesn't rotate and put it in an incubator. It takes about 2 months to hatch I think. Fun fact: if you keep it in cooler temperature (about 27c), it will hatch out a male and if you keep it in a warmer temperature (about 30c), it will hatch out a female!!
Thanks for replying! That's cool! I am pretty sure they are fertile because she had been around a male, i don't see veins yet but I think it's just because they are not old enough, they are chalking though!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Yes, I have a lot of turtle space outside, my whole garden and pond area is completely animal safe because I let my sulcata roam and eat a lot (supervised). Should I keep her in a fenced-in area, or an enclosure like a tub or baby pool?
Make a fenced-in area to give her as much natural like choices as possible.

PumkinRulez

Texas
I think she ate them… the inclubator is not ready yet though

Attachments

• 630299E4-9667-4950-9B91-8DE30A1B836A.jpeg
    630299E4-9667-4950-9B91-8DE30A1B836A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Snapper_Country

Iowa
I just joined and this is the first post I read. I know it's been a few months since she laid and was wondering how it all turned out... I'm literally on the edge of my seat. Hope all is well with her. If they did hatch, I think you'd be a fantastic grandma to the babies!