Help Needed. (refuses to eat or drink)

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
When soaking her I can put her in something small relative to the space it needs since she isn't moving, or does it have to be wide enough as if she can move?

You want something bigger so the tortoise doesn't feel closed in. Something like a large dish pan would be fine. For healthy tortoises I use a large cat litter pan.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
By carrot water soaking, you mean just simply putting some carrots in water with the right temperature and then putting her in that water? Also, is there any shortcut to help her get better before improving her life conditions or is it the only way? It's just I'm worried that building her a good enclosure with the right temperature levels might, unavoidably, take some time. Also, she hasn't been eating for almost 8 days now.
Yvonne recommends using the Baby Food Carrots in a jar. Like you would feed a baby. You pour a jar of the Baby Food Carrots into warmed water deep enough for the baby to literally soak in it. He will absorb some through the cloaca and hopefully drink some. Usually increasing the temp a few degrees when a tortoise is not well helps their immune system to fight. Good Luck

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
I hope she’s still hanging in there.

I wanted to note that if you are in a rural area, a lot of the necessary items can be purchased at feed and farm stores (like CHE lamps/bulbs for warming up baby chickens).

If the suggestion for schools brings up no leads for a vet, animal rescue groups/local groups on social media may be able to point you someone that is knowledgeable but doesn’t advertise as exotic.