HELP NOT MOVING BACK LEGS

mkaykay

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
My tort isn't moving his back legs!! I've been doing everything by the book! 1.5 month old Hermann
Any ideas??!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post a pic of your enclosure lighting and heating you are using. Can you see where he may have been bitten by something? Possibly got them caught up on something?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
possible causes injury poor bone development wrong substrate we need more information before we can even hazard a guess

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Let me guess; he was just stretching out under his basking lights? Haha I've seen that before and freaked out myself before I realized they were just stretching out as far as possible to enjoy the rays

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
That means he's relaxed? Awesome. I'm so afraid my Hermann isn't going to love us. But he stretches out his neck for me to keep scratching it for him.
Yeah that's a good thing. If he were to scrunch up into his shell, that would be him afraid of you. But stretching out into the rubbing? He's enjoying it.

As long as he is walking fine and he only stretches out his legs like this when he's not walking (and he's most likely sub-bathing) then he is a perfectly fine tortie