Help please! (eggs)

christylynne11

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Ok, so I'm actually a duck breeder. A friend found a clutch of eggs buried in her kid's sandbox. Thinking that I'm an egg expert, she brought them to me to hatch. Well, considering the location in which she found them and their size and shape, I'm assuming these are turtle eggs. After mentioning that to her, she said they did see a turtle near the sandbox a couple of weeks ago. The only turtles in our area are box turtles and snappers. I wasn't home when she brought them to me, so they spend the day on my shaded porch in a small box in 90° weather. When I got home, several of them has started to dent. Being unprepared and using only Google, I candled the eggs to find that they were fertile and developing (at least they were when she found them). Assuming the darker side was the embryo side, I place that side up (because she didn't mark them before moving them), slightly buried in a Tupperware bowl of potting soil, spritzed the eggs and dirt with water until moist, and covered with saran wrap to maintain humidity. My house temp fluctuates between 65° and 70° daily, and my incubator is currently in use with duck eggs that incubate at 100°.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Chances are if they were rotated they are no longer viable.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Oooh mystery eggs!! Lets hope it is nothing extra-terrestrial.