HELP!! (red spot on skin)

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thailand
So I just realized this today when I was feeding my pancakes that one of them had a kind of lump around his neck and it's slightly red. I have never seen this before and I am worried, anybody here knows what it is? Do I have to separate him from the group? Do I have to go see a vet or does it heal naturally? Also what could have caused this? I have attached some pictures. Can you please answer asap because I m going on a holiday for a few days tomorrow but I have someone that takes care of them and I need to know if I have to bring him to the vet. Just to let you guys know he was eating without any problems.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451123836.973470.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451123864.537569.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451123893.844186.jpg

Thank you

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Can't offer any advice I'm afraid - our more experienced US friends will be along later when their day begins.
Hope he's Ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think it's anything to worry about. It looks superficial. He probably got poked by a sharp piece of substrate or something like that. Try to see if you can find anything on the skin, a sliver or something. Just keep your eye on it and take him to the vet if it doesn't go away in a few days. Soaking might help too.

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Thailand
I don't think it's anything to worry about. It looks superficial. He probably got poked by a sharp piece of substrate or something like that. Try to see if you can find anything on the skin, a sliver or something. Just keep your eye on it and take him to the vet if it doesn't go away in a few days. Soaking might help too.
Thank you, its good to know its not an abscess !!