Help! tiny bugs in tortoise table

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cecilia, Kentucky
So I've had this problem for a couple of months. After adding a spider plant from home depot I started noticing very small bugs that look like gnats. The bigger ones are black and fly and the smaller tiny ones are almost clear/white in color.
I've tried numerous things like vinegar in a jar so they will drown and that did not help.Also added a praying mantis but my cat decided to kill it lol
My sulcata's will be a year old in October but I need to house them 1 more year in the tortoise table before moving them outside because we plan on moving to a bigger house next Aug.
So my question is what substrate should I use and do the sulcatas being a year old still need a humid environment?
I really like the fine coco coir but I was thinking instead of moistening the whole table to just use a hide box with moss inside, but after reading some threads I'm confused as to which kind to use.
Any suggestions?
Also thank you in advance!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My suggestion is to go ahead and do the hide, but use the coir in it. It holds humidity the best and won't mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.