Help tortellini

Gymtimpro

Location (City and/or State)
Pleasant Gap Pa
Help me I don't know if I'm righting this due to my cryber school building up or with gymnastics 6 days a week and only Saturdays off. Every hr full of studying. But I love my tortoise and he is my study buddy always next to my desk and seeing him run along the sides is killing me and I can't always take him out and I saw a sign I got 3 years back in Vegas. I got it with my mom and that means I have had him for 4 years and I'm almost 17 I don't know where time has gone my brother is going to collage I can remember playing in the yard at 6 years old I just pray for time to slow down I don't get it then I think of the tortoise sign and my mom and dad and I just ugh I know I'm gonna regret typing this and it's dumb I'm a bully my only friend is a tortoise and my pap. I don't have any social life after getting kicked out of school and beaten up for my shoes at another I just ugh I'm sorry for anyone who read this but any life changing quotes and advice to be motivated to learn and BE NICE would rlly help and tortellini is better now once he is outside

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. So I'll answer for how I'm getting this.
First if you tort paces the glass then put paper up so he can't see out.
Second he most likely needs a much bigger home then an aquarium. 4x8 foot minimum.
Then, sorry you have no friends and feel you are a bully and that you got beat up.
As for the bullying, you will get back what you put out. You put out kindness, you will get it back. Try to find others that are interested in the same things as you. Let's start with your tortoise. See if there is a reptile group in your area you can join. If not, maybe a reptile store you can visit and talk to the workers and others that might visit the store that also likes reptiles/torts.
Also concentrate on your schooling and become the best you can be. That will make any haters of you mad that you made something of yourself.
It's never too late to change and it's never too late to start again.
You can do anything you want. You can change this for yourself. You just have to put your mind to it and make it work.
You love tortoises, you can't be that bad at all.
Just take steps every day to become a better person.
You can do this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We all have 'up' days and 'down' days. Sounds like you're having a down day. I like what Wellington said. It's up to you.

I don 't have friends either, but I'm not the kind of person who needs friends. To me, that's no big deal.

Just try hard to do your best.

As for Tortellini, I reread your post and I don't see where you told us what kind of tortoise he is, so I have to give you generic help there.

Tortoises are wild animals. They haven't undergone years of human intervention to make them domesticated As a wild animal, he is happiest outside. Don't put human emotions on him. He's not lonely. He doesnt need human interaction. He doesn't need a friend. All he needs from you, the food god, is to be fed daily, have fresh water and to be cleaned up after. Do that for him and that's all the help he needs from you.

Last edited: