Help with 4 rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Still have 3 unclaimed "runt" torts! They have been eating, pooping, soaking, sunning, and running! One has 2 front scutes kinda smushed together as another has a split scute right over the tail! I can email or text pics! Just PM with your email/phone number and who you might be interested in!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
They are so lucky that you stepped in and rescued them!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Tomorrow "Baby Runt" will be off to his new Momma, Sibi! I'm sad to see him go...but so happy that I KNOW he is gonna be so spoiled and happy with her!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
HELP! I noticed this on one of the runt torts tonight. It seems like his shell is flaking or something. I didn't peel or pick at it. What should I do?

image-740403821.png

image-2505809481.png

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I can't wait to get him!! I've been preparing his very own enclosure with all the frills. He should love the Florida sun and his new mom, who already dreams about him. Will post pics as soon as I can.

LuckysGirl007 said:
Tomorrow "Baby Runt" will be off to his new Momma, Sibi! I'm sad to see him go...but so happy that I KNOW he is gonna be so spoiled and happy with her!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
sibi said:
I can't wait to get him!! I've been preparing his very own enclosure with all the frills. He should love the Florida sun and his new mom, who already dreams about him. Will post pics as soon as I can.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call me as soon as he gets there. I am worried sick. I feel like the worlds worst mom sending her baby away. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I will, as soon as he gets to me I will call you to let you know how he is. You are truly a mom yourself...no one can worry like that about sending a baby away without feeling the way you do. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking care of my (our) baby! He will have the best life anyone can give him--and he'd be loved even more. Talk to you tomorrow.

LuckysGirl007 said:
sibi said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call me as soon as he gets there. I am worried sick. I feel like the worlds worst mom sending her baby away. :(

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
LuckysGirl007 said:
HELP! I noticed this on one of the runt torts tonight. It seems like his shell is flaking or something. I didn't peel or pick at it. What should I do?

View attachment 31556

View attachment 31557

I know torts with MBD and weaker shells can get little cracks and things. It almost looks like a little crack that got some dirt in it... But, I'm totally just guessing. Maybe someone will chime in. Or maybe you can start a new thread about it. Which runt is it?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
This post of the rescues made my day.
These torts need to be rescued.
Thanks to you and waterboy!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
shellysmom said:
I know torts with MBD and weaker shells can get little cracks and things. It almost looks like a little crack that got some dirt in it... But, I'm totally just guessing. Maybe someone will chime in. Or maybe you can start a new thread about it. Which runt is it?

Squish Scute. :(

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Squish Scute and "Tank torts" left last night with Waterboy. They are headed to California. I now only have 2 left here...Lumpy and Spot. It's weird only have the extra 2. I keep feeling like I am forgetting something whenever I move them outside or do soakings...or the many times a day I go out and do a head count. LOL

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
*~*sully_girl*~* said:
Have you found a home for the last two babies?

Lumpy has found a home, and Spot's home is pending, although nothing has been finalized with it. There really is no end to the number of neglected sulcatas that need good homes, so if you are interested in fostering or adopting, please let me know. :) Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.