help with ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona, USA
a friend of mine sent me a couple pictures of her younger siblings tortoise and was wanting me to see if what theyre doing to care for it was correct, and so i could find out what type of tortoise it was. i cant tell but hopefully someone on here will know as soon as they look at it. when i know the species i can loo up the care for them if i dont know it already. thanks in advance for any help i can get. ImageUploadedByTortForum1380427681.573249.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1380427696.864018.jpg

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
1.0.0 Blue Nose Pit/American Bulldog

Last edited by a moderator:

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I am lost on this one-need a clean shell and better pics. Greek and some sought of Desert Tortoise are the closest I can think of.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
i'll see what i can do, my friend is asking her grandma to send her pictures so she can send them to me, and me to you. haha.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
1.0.0 Blue Nose Pit/American Bulldog

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They look like they could be Gopherus berlandieri (Texas tortoise). Either that or desert tortoise, however, the Texas tortoises do pyramid easier than the desert tortoises do.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Hmmm... Yvonne might be right, it could be a Texas Tortoise. I am rubbish with your native tortoises from the genus gopherus, but am sure somebody more knowledgeable will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.