Help with Night Temps Sulcata Hatchling

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I’ve read on here that they’ve caused respiratory problems so figured they’re always best avoided when possible, this ops temps didn’t seem bad enough to need to introduce one, but that’s just my opinion, it’s ok if you disagree🙂
I've never read that on this forum. If someone said that, it is not correct. Fans do not cause respiratory issues. When used correctly, they can be a helpful tool for heat distribution in some cases.

Its not a question of whether or not we agree, it is a question of whether or not accurate, experience based information is being shared. Or not.

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I've never read that on this forum. If someone said that, it is not correct. Fans do not cause respiratory issues. When used correctly, they can be a helpful tool for heat distribution in some cases.

Its not a question of whether or not we agree, it is a question of whether or not accurate, experience based information is being shared. Or not.
I definitely have, though I’d have to do digging as it was a while ago, I worry it’d affect the humidity too? Fans lower it, correct? Which doesn’t seem ideal for a baby.

When it comes to agreeing or not, I don’t necessarily mean about how fans work, I meant whether one is necessary for this case in particular, I personally don’t think it is when reading the ops temperatures, but you may disagree on that which is fine, I’m not saying it’s not worth trying altogether, just that I personally would be cautious doing so🙂