Anyone(else) have odd neighbors??

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Anyone have weird neighbors? We do.

We bought this house 3.5yrs ago, I moved into it in Jan of this year.

We have nice neighbors on both sides. The bluehair hippie couple in their late 50's on one side and a retired banker and his wife on the other.
The thing is, we never see the bankers wife....neither of us had ever seen her till a chance driveway exchange last summer. Nice woman, my age who seemed normal in every way. Next time was a week ago, a year later at a grocery store 50 miles from here!
Kerry and I watched....they didn't bring in bags, used no cart but we said hi and her and Kerry chatted it up till I dragged Kerry away. He was a little twisted over their conversation though.
Anyway, I saw him this evening taking down his flag so I said hi....his wife was indoors and would usually close the door as she has done in the past but actually came out to chat for the 1st time. She seems fine...not afraid or wierd or "medicine face"....nothing odd but something is amiss I feel it. Kerry thinks the woman is " controlled" but I don't know. What does she do all day?

So anyone have odd neighbors? Not the kind that sell drugs or run a "house" odd but the ones that do odd stuff?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I agree with Kerry
However, maybe she has dementia or something. The symptoms come and go. Her husband could be overprotective. ??? I see my neighbors all the time, if they don't see me in a few days they call to make sure my daughter and I are okay. Or he is a jerk.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My newest neighbor to the west is very private. Very strange.
The wife never speaks. The father, Tony answers every question with one word and the daughter won't make eye contact with me. She's probably 20ish and always walks to work even though they own a truck and a van.
Several times I've seen her walking to work in the pouring ran and have offered to give her a ride. She always says " no thanks".
Last year, they bought an old car. Some GM garbage. It had been sitting and was full of old fuel and varnish.
It needed the fuel dumped out. Probably a new fuel pump and maybe some injectors.
Tony was clearly clueless. He bought a new battery then killed it. Then killed another one in a futile attempt to get the old heap running.
I offered not once. But twice to get it running for him. No charge for labor. (And I do not enjoy working on domestic junk.)
Both times I got a nod, NO. And a thanks.
About a week later it got towed away by 1-800- GOT- JUNK.
Now, because I have no idea what's going on in their heads, I'm kind of afraid to do basic, neighborly things. Like bring his garbage can back to his house when it's laying in the street...Or edge his sidewalk while I'm doing mine. (His yard looks horrible)
To top it off, they have 3 cats that kind of live on their porch. I don't think they ever go inside. And they all crap in MY yard.

At least they're quiet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My nextdoor neighbor is Native American. He occasionally beats a drum outside late at night.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
We had a neighbour that used to throw all his plates out of the widow now and again..idk why.. they’d smash everywhere, but he’d always go and pick them up after🥲