Help with tortoise not eating

Web456

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
I got my Russian tortoise in September 2018, he is normally a very good eater and will eat most, if not all of his food, he is not very picky either but for the past three weeks I have not been able to get him to eat. I’ve offered kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens all of which he usually loves I got him to eat half a slice of cucumber and a few bites of bell pepper today, I know it’s not the best foods for him but I am getting a little bit desperate. I’ve also not been keeping handling to a minimum, he is still pretty active as normal and looks healthy and I have not changed anything in his environment. Any advice?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Usually when a russian (natures little piggy) stops eating temps are the first suspect. So what are your temps?

Web456

Missouri
I keep the warm side of his enclosure at about 95 and the cool side at around 75

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Can we see pictures of your enclosures? From the side and then as clear a one of the lights as you can get.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Try a teaspoon of diabetic Jello mixed in Your Russians food I would try strawberry flavor. He. Will smell the strawberry and it has less sugar but plenty of smell . [emoji217]