Help. (not using back legs)

Conee

Location (City and/or State)
OHIO
I have inherited an African spurred tortoise and he doesn’t want to use his back legs not eating much does anyone have any suggestions ?
I’ve only had him a week or so he’s a little guy!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome! I don’t suppose we could get a photo of them? Along with any additional information on how you’re keeping them, ie temperatures, humidity, enclosure size, substrates, what kind of lighting/heating equipment? A pic of the full set up would be great, it’ll help the members coming along to advise you🙂

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have inherited an African spurred tortoise and he doesn’t want to use his back legs not eating much does anyone have any suggestions ?
I’ve only had him a week or so he’s a little guy!
First and foremost, long warm water soaks in a tall sided opaque container. Sometimes back leg paralysis is due to constipation or bladder stone formation. Both of those conditions can be caused by dehydration, and dehydration is typical for the species because most people mistakenly think sulcatas are a desert species.

What size is the tortoise?

Here is some care info:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome! First thing to do is put him to soak in warmish water, level up to the line where his top and bottom shells meet. Watch that he can't get out or doesn't flip over. Keep changing the water for fresh warmed water so it doesn't get cold. Do this twice per day for one hour each time. Please try to answer the questions asked, so that we can help you better! Thanks.