Help! (dog chewed)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
His organs are exposed is what it looks like. I believe if he has any chance of surviving, he will need to have a vet put some kind of cover over the hole to keep infections out
Keep in in clean water changing as soon as he dirties it.
Keep the dog away, never in the same room, he will for sure go after the poor thing again

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Looks like exposed organ. Put it in clean water, but don't apply any ointments or anything like that.
It could potentially survive, I've seen turtles survive without a lower jaw, but you may need assistance from a vet. Maybe you can apply a small cut of sports rap with some sort of adhesive not touching the exposed organ area.

Turtlesndtorroises

Michigan
His organs are exposed is what it looks like. I believe if he has any chance of surviving, he will need to have a vet put some kind of cover over the hole to keep infections out
Keep in in clean water changing as soon as he dirties it.
Keep the dog away, never in the same room, he will for sure go after the poor thing again
Alright will do we are going to the vet soon anyways and we will keep your message noted! Thanks!

Turtlesndtorroises

Michigan
Looks like exposed organ. Put it in clean water, but don't apply any ointments or anything like that.
It could potentially survive, I've seen turtles survive without a lower jaw, but you may need assistance from a vet. Maybe you can apply a small cut of sports rap with some sort of adhesive not touching the exposed organ area.
We will! Thank you for responding!