Help... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mow'scaretaker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I've been on vacation for the past few weeks, I had my mom watching Mow for me. When I came back this is what I found on his shell.

2009_0701Trinatiggershirt0007.jpg

2009_0701Trinatiggershirt0009.jpg

Please help. I have no idea what it is, or why its caused.

Thanks,
Trina

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The growth lines between scutes are often softer and pale for a bit when they are formed. This looks like something scratched it when it was being formed. It looks like there is kind of an oval around the scratch (reaching above and below the scratch) that looks like it might be from rubbing something.

Is there anything poking out or hanging over it could be rubbing on?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
looks like a rub mark or even a burn mark, does he have a heat lamp near him that he might have rubbed up against? I know snakes can get burned easily on heat rocks if not careful.

Mow'scaretaker

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
No his heat lamp is above him on a screen. Is it him just growing, but its soft when it grows or is there a deficiency of something?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
New growth lines are pale and soft- like a callus- then harden and darken. They also absorb water more freely and are often soft enough after a good soak to make a mark in with your fingernail.

Rubbing on a rock would do it, and it does not really look like anything to be too worried about unless it gets bigger, turns funny colors, etc.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I don't think its anything to be worried about.... but if it starts to ooze, or get strange, don't be afraid to contact your vet

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
yup, looks like he got scratched somehow, keep him in for a few days, keeping it clean and away from flies until a scab forms, then find out what hes getting under to scratch himself like that and get rid of it so it doesnt happen again. a cream, i think its called silver something or silvadine will help w/ the healing. doesnt look too bad though, thats a good thing. spring

Status
Not open for further replies.