HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutieTortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
my russian has had diarrhea.. happened 3 times over last 2 days.. its like she is going to the toilet normally but its dark green and wet..
she hadnt been eating much last few days and all I cud get her to eat was the very light green bit (bottom of the leaf) of romanie letuce.. i think this is what caused it. how can I make it stop? one website suggested crushed rabbit pellets on her food?
please help. I cannot get my tortoise to a vet this week :-S

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
Just a few questions to help find out whats going on. :D What else has she been eating? How long have you had her? Has she been checked by a vet since you've had her? Checked for worms or protozoa?
If you could post a picture of your set-up that would be great.

Danny

Tortugo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The causes of diarrhea in this case could be 2: parasitosis or romanie lettuce (maybe it was only just washed, so it was wet).
You must give it rabbit pellets or hay. Habitually they have to eat hay or grass (also lettuce) withered.
But if you want to be sure, next week or as soon as you can, bring it (with fecal sample) to a vet for an exam.
1-direct smears
2-fecal flotation

But I think the problem is due to romanie lettuce.
;);)

CutieTortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thanks,
will get some rabbit pellets (the brown type things?) and hay then, will have to be tomorrow though.
I noticed she had worms in november and that was cleared up with medicine.
She has a table house with uv light and the temp is about 25 during day and 20 at night.
How is wet food worse that dry food and drinking water?

Tortugo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It's worse (I'm sure) because they don't drink a lot, but if you give them wet food they are forced to eat it. As soon as you can, bring it to a vet to control its stools. Maybe the last treatment with medicine was not perfect.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.