here are some pics of the yellow foot i saved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bink90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
so now what should i do with him....just keep him? i already have a russian and a sulcata. he wouldnt be a bad new member. what do u think?
101_0107.jpg

101_0106.jpg

101_0105.jpg

101_0104.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
You have an Eastern box turtle, which is native to Indiana. You need to let him go back where you found him. Just walk off the road where you found him and put him in the woods. He'll be just fine. :D
He looks great :D

Danny

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
You have a fine looking Eastern box. As Dan says return to the area where you found it and release away from road ( about 50 yards).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The Eastern has such beautiful markings on his back. I vote to put him back. The wild populations need all the adults it can keep. Plus it may be illegal to have taken him from the wild in your state.

bink90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
alrighty sounds good guys...i dont want him to be miseriable...back to the wild it is!

thanks for all your help!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Good. You have the ideal sitution, you know where it came from and are able to return it to make more boxies. I grow up north of you in Mich and have witnessed the decline of these great animals and miss them. I was never allowed by parents or grandparents to remove wild, just got to watch and enjoy.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Wow thats a super nice looking Eastern! Love all that yellow on the shell and legs! Glad your taking him back :)

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
wasnt there some one a couple weeks ago talking about a redfoot that also turned out to be a boxie? What ever happend with that?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Redfootedboxturtles said:
wasnt there some one a couple weeks ago talking about a redfoot that also turned out to be a boxie? What ever happend with that?
The neighbor claimed it as their own, took it back, and said they were repainting it because it was their property and they do with it as they please. I'm half expecting to hear of spray painted children in SC because they are my kids and I'll do as I please. AS YOU SEE I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS OUTCOME.

tortoiseman333

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
if i were you i would keep him and give him a special name.

Status
Not open for further replies.