Here she is.......Ms. America!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
i adore the title.. she is miss america.. why are torts so cute and amazing? very adorable

M

Maggie Cummings

Mary Anne I am very proud of you for getting her and worrying about her so much. Just continue the eye cream and soaking her daily and she'll be fine. It's great that she's eating, that will get her back healthy in no time especially with yours and Lisa's loving care...(even if she does like Michael Waltrip):...I secretly have a crush on Darell Waltrip...:p

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
LOL!!! Lisa has a crush on Michael Waltrip!! Thanks Maggie!!!

Hey Maggie, she has not eaten today, I'm slightly worried!! She has pigged out alot the last 3 days so I am sure she is fine, she passed a few urates at Lisa's today. We soak her 2 x's a day. Though she does not drink when we soak her. She is getting a very well rounded diet, I am ok in that department.

Her eyes seem to be improving just a bit!! Yea!! Progress!!!

What do you think, no worries yet?

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
congrats on the rescue ! she looks happy and I know you'll do well by her.

teri

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Congrats! She is beautiful!! Best wishes to you both on a happy, life long friendship :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh she is just beautiful Mary Anne. Congratulations on getting her. She seems to be doing great at your house and it looks like she has so much room to roam around in. It was great that this all worked out wonderful for you. How old do you think that she is?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Candy!!!! Well, they have had her since 1992, and she was the size of their palm of their hand, so she should be well over 18. She is on the small side, so that may be from not being properly taken care of. I have weighed her and measured her, so I will track that monthly. Her eyes are still super puffy, she is so darn sweet. Today is one week! She has been out in the sun everyday for hours except yesterday and today. She so far has a great appetite, only 1 day she didn't eat. We are just smitten with her!! She is napping under Pennies MVB right now, she just woke up. Penny is napping too, in her log house. I can't stand how cute they are!!!

Does Fernando hibernate?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What does she measure? What is her weight? I know what you mean they are some of the cutest tortoise that I've come into contact with. This year I'm not hibernating Fernando and so far so good. Today he actually came out to eat the grass and weeds in the rain and it didn't seem to bother him a bit. He's a trooper. :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
She weighs 2.5 lbs, and is 8" long and 7" wide. She feels heavier that 2.5lbs.

I saw your post earlier! So cute he has tons of personality!!

Status
Not open for further replies.