Hermann tortoise whistling?

Sydgeo21

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I noticed today while soaking my tortoise that he was whistling a little bit, it’s not every breath but I haven’t heard this from him before. I checked his eyes and nose and I notice no discharge or mucous. He’s eating and pooping fine. Still active. No other signs of a URI? has anyone had this happen before? It’s also pretty dry where I live this time of year so I know his humidity isn’t to high (it’s like right in the middle) not super low- around 55% which I know is low but he’s also an adult tortoise not a baby.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sometimes you might hear something like that. Just double check his temps are actually correct. 95-100 basking, 75-80 all over and can go into 60's at night.

Sydgeo21

Ohio
Sometimes you might hear something like that. Just double check his temps are actually correct. 95-100 basking, 75-80 all over and can go into 60's at night.
Yes everything is nice and warm. During the day ambient is 80. Basking is 98ish. Night time doesn’t go below 70

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Then just pay attention for a while and see if it keeps happening or if anything else changes. If so then raise temp to 80 day and night. Otherwise its probably nothing.