Hermanns hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewTillmann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
De Pere, Wisconsin
Sorry to post again but is there any special care that a hatchling needs? I got one who is a month old at an expo yesterday. This is my first experience with a hatchling and my first hermanns so any advice would be helpful! I have him under a heat lamp and a UVB lamp and I fed him some kale yesterday and he ate it very enthusiastically.

Please reply ASAP!
Thank you!!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1379942350.915765.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379942364.017260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I cant help you bcuz I dont know much about the kind you have. I wanted to tell you how ADORABLE he or she is!!! :) :) :) Someone should help you soon!!
Enjoy your new baby!! :)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
I have Hermannis, but I don't have experience with hatchlings. :( I know they need UVB light and heat, just like any other tort. Not sure what the humidity level should be at, for babies. My adults require 30-50. Temp should be around 75-80°F and basking 90°. But may be higher for babies.

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Hatchlings can dehydrate much more quickly than adults due to their body size. Try to keep your humidity in the 60-70% range. Basking temperatures between 90-95*F.

Have a shallow dish of water for drinking at all times, you can use a plant saucer for this and try to make it even with the substrate, so he does not have difficulty entering or exiting.

Soakings don't hurt either :). Put him in a shallow dish of warm water for 15-20 minutes. It's an added reassurance to prevent dehydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.