Hermann's or Russian

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Taunton, MA
I live in Massachusetts and am looking for a captive bread Russian or hermann's tortoise

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Russians have great personality. I'm sure Hermann's do too, and a Western Hermanns is so beautiful.

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
Russians have great personality. I'm sure Hermann's do too, and a Western Hermanns is so beautiful.
Now if only I could find one! Everyone either has eggs or hatchling not ready until August

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I will say its worth the wait... I started my research probably around February of last year and ended up ordering my tort around now (last year). It wasn't due to arrive till late August/Early September. I used the time to learn all i could about him and ask the breeder a ton of questions. When the day finally arrived, I was like a child on Christmas (probably worse). But my point is, use the time to soak up as much knowledge as possible. There are so many people here that are both helpful and filled with knowledge.

Reactions: Ink

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
I will say its worth the wait... I started my research probably around February of last year and ended up ordering my tort around now (last year). It wasn't due to arrive till late August/Early September. I used the time to learn all i could about him and ask the breeder a ton of questions. When the day finally arrived, I was like a child on Christmas (probably worse). But my point is, use the time to soak up as much knowledge as possible. There are so many people here that are both helpful and filled with knowledge.
I completely agree! I have been researching for months. I got my hopes up seeing all these post about new babies.. I will be as patient as possible while I continue to absorb knowledge ?