Charlie_Emma13666

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hello,

I have a 3 years old Hermann's tortoise, I have done much research into appropriate diet and reference the tortoise table app often. I feel like my tortoise may be getting bored with being fed the same variation of food. Please read below what his diet consists of on a daily basis and help me out.

Pak Choi
Chicory
Basil
I will sometimes give kale, courgette, the leafy tops off carrots, rose petals and a mix of dried flowers.

Please help. Thank you

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome!

Everyone does the best they can but it would be a good thing to add a few more things to the mix.

What kind of markets are near you? Are you near anything that’s Asian or Persian? Plenty of cultures eat things you and I might think of as weird but are good turtle food.

You can also consider adding a supplement such as NutraZu (called Mazuri in North America) or Pre-Alpin. The Shelled Warriors shop sells several prepared foods. They shouldn’t be the entire diet but they both add fiber, calcium and some other good things.

They also have a nice display of common weeds. I like it in that you don’t have to already know what you’re looking at, as compared to the Tortoise Table.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Do you have a untreated back yard or neighbors yard that you can take broadleaf weeds from? (Dandelion, Plantain, clover)

Charlie_Emma13666

London
Welcome!

Everyone does the best they can but it would be a good thing to add a few more things to the mix.

What kind of markets are near you? Are you near anything that’s Asian or Persian? Plenty of cultures eat things you and I might think of as weird but are good turtle food.

You can also consider adding a supplement such as NutraZu (called Mazuri in North America) or Pre-Alpin. The Shelled Warriors shop sells several prepared foods. They shouldn’t be the entire diet but they both add fiber, calcium and some other good things.

They also have a nice display of common weeds. I like it in that you don’t have to already know what you’re looking at, as compared to the Tortoise Table.

Thank you for this reply. I straight away bought several items from the shelled warriors website, however that was on the 12th of oct - now the 27th oct still nothing has arrived and they have not answered any of my emails - I spent quite a bit of money on there and am unsure of what to do now.

Charlie_Emma13666

London
That’s distressing. Do they have a phone number?

I had to open a PayPal dispute against them, they still never answered to PayPal even and I was eventually refunded for my purchase by PayPal themselves. Very strange, seems like they have gone out of business or something?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Bummer. I’m not in the UK but refer to the site fairly often. The website has always been a little erratic but nothing like this. I’m sorry that happened to you.