Hermans outside enclosure

FishFanatic

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hey guys! Been awhile since i posted on here, but Tootsie, Tilly and Trent are all doing better. They're walking around more, and are perked up now. Tootsie still can't really walk very well, but i went ahead and made her a basic wheelchair, and she gets to use it 3-5 times a week for around an hour before, during, and after her soaks, and it seems to be helping quite a bit. (She can now drag herself around without it, but she still can't lift herself off the ground like she should be able to.)

But as you can see in the title, i'm working on plans for their outside enclosure. So far the plan is a 12x4 (Feet) enclosure, with three separate night-time boxes for them to be put into (put in and latched shut to keep out rats, weasels, and anything else that might be able to slip in through the fence...) Separate to keep them from fighting during the night (even though they haven't yet), without a place to run away.

I'll probably have it around 4 inches tall on the inside (with wood), and then have a PVC/wire fence rigged up that's around 2 feet tall for security (directly next to the wood). Have the top so it comes down and locks, but can be lifted and attached to the house (people house, not tortoise house) for easy cleaning and maintenance. Wire over and around it, with four larger PVC pipes cemented into the ground so they can't just be lifted up. Hopefully that makes sense. (I'll be drawing out some plans for it shortly)

I do have some questions though.

1) Is 12x4 large enough? They've never shown any aggression towards each other, other than the whole 'You're eating that food, so i'll go and try eating it and leave mine here' sort of thing. But never any biting or ramming, unless it's Tilly pushing the other two out of the way to get at the food first. I still want it big enough that they can have their space to themselves or run off if they get into a disagreement though.

2) How big should their night hides be? I was thinking 12 inches by 12 inches, but i'm not sure if it would be okay, even if it was only for during the night. Would 15x15 be better?

3) Do you guys have suggestions for security cameras? I'm hoping to get one so i can check up on them at any time, and have been looking around to find a good setup that's not hugely expensive. Hopefully under 200 bucks. (VERY limited income right now)

FishFanatic

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Nevermind. It's back to the drawing board for enclosures. Tootsie really enjoys his baths, not hers. :rolleyes:
Time to figure out how to handle this before building anything. Pretty sure two-boys one-girl is doing something backwards...