Herptivite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
My vet here in the Philippines suggested to me to get this vitamin supplement called Herptivite for my almost a year old Sulcata tortoise?Could anyone out there please explain to me what Herptivite is all about?Meaning,what is it for and what benefits shall my Sulcata get by taking this vitamin supplement?How often also should I give it to my Sulcata?He also suggested that I get the Rep-Cal Calcium(Phosporus And D3 Free) to partner it with the Herptivite.How often should I also give this calcium vitamin supplement to my Sulcata?By the way,the reason why he suggested to get the Rep-Cal calcium without D3 is because my Sulcata gets at least a couple of hours of sunshine every day and in 2 to 3 week's time,I shall be putting a UV lamp in my Sulcata's indoor enclosure.For your information,I shall be ordering all these stuff from the U.S.A. as they don't sell them here in the Philippines.
Thanks.

PS.By the way,are the Herptivite and Rep-Cal Calcium vitamin supplements all my Sulcatas need?If there are other ones that you may wish to recommend,Please do.
Thanks.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Since becoming a member of this forum, I have quit using Herptivite, as I think many feel its unnecessary, perhaps even dangerous. I however am not a vet, and would suggest you follow your vets advice. If your tort is getting sun, Rep-Cal WITHOUT D3 is the right product. Some people dust, I have also quit doing that. I always have cuttlebone and Rep-Cal powder available for all torts. They consume what they feel is needed. This by the way is also the advice (calcium only) of two authors on Hermanns books I have, Vetter and Wegehaupt!

Here is a great place to buy from, they ship international:

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...cage-cleaners/-/repcal-herptivite-supplement/

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
wow great dvd's.Would you happen to have any
spam.jpg

H

hunter23

flop shot

To hit the knockdown flop shot,
position the ball front of center in your stance, with your hands just ahead ishiner of the golf ball.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Same here! I place cuttlebones in with mine and they nibble on it if they need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.