hey new to the site i let my tortoise roam inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Welcome!

I have a question. In one of your post you mentioned your little bugger you love so much, which is great. But you said she eats rocks, and anything small? I would be very concerned about this. This could cause a serious impaction especially being a rock that cannot be passed or digested through its gut. Just be certain no more rocks are eaten or "small" things are ingested. Nothing wrong with loving your animal. We all show affection and different levels of love for our animals. I do have to say that whats best would be to make sure she doesnt eat rocks, small things. Try feeding her some yellow squash, or greens. Tortoises can stress out easily and show no signs whatever that they are under stress or unhappy. Just make sure no more rocks or small things are ingested, that could have a grave ending to your loved pet.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
I think it's a really good idea to let your tortoise outside in an inclosure for at least a few hours a day. It's like a dog who lives inside all the time, they still need outside time to go play and be a dog! And I would try getting her to eat more weeds or some cactus. I think after awhile she'd really start to like it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
taytay3391 said:
emysemys said:
Your comment was more than likely correct, however, it was inappropriate.

Inappropriate? Ok.. Hows this, this person (xxxxcomment deletedxxx) us. Is this a pg forum? That's a serious question not trying to come off rude.

Yes, this IS a PG forum. We have many young members and we don't use profane language on the forum. Also, we MUST give all posters the benefit of the doubt. We NEVER call names or make rude comments. You can be banned for doing so.

It is in the tortoise's best interest to assume that this person is a genuine tortoise keeper who just doesn't know how to properly care for their tortoise, so we must offer what we can to help educate.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
emysemys said:
Yes, this IS a PG forum. We have many young members and we don't use profane language on the forum. Also, we MUST give all posters the benefit of the doubt. We NEVER call names or make rude comments. You can be banned for doing so.

It is in the tortoise's best interest to assume that this person is a genuine tortoise keeper who just doesn't know how to properly care for their tortoise, so we must offer what we can to help educate.

Well that's intense.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
emysemys said:

I'm morbidly curious as to what this comment was.
I personally always disagree with the use of reptiles, or any living things really, as "chick magnets" I'm constantly bombarded with the attentions of every male citizen near me. So I think I might be a bit of an authority on what does/doesn't attract girls. Originality is attractive, sadly if your only method of being original involves (I'm using a guy from my home town as an example) creeping around carnivals asking girls to hold your "snake" your not going to last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.