Hey poop experts!

M

Maggie Cummings

I have researched this poop and have narrowed it down to 2 species. I find this poop daily. On top of the ground, never buried. It does not smell disgusting like cat or dog poop. There is nothing in it but feces. If I leave a habitat uncovered I find 1 turd in it. If all habitats are covered I might find a turd just laying on the grass or deck. It does not smell bad at all. It is black. I do find one every morning. Sometimes it's in a plant pot on my deck. I generally find it between 7 and 8 am and it's warm then...any guesses? All the pictures are the same turd, I just squashed it and moved it around...well? What do you think? It's not cat or dog, does not smell bad, and is relatively soft...IMG_2672.JPG IMG_2675.JPG IMG_2677.JPG

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
This. Is poop from a turtle who recently ate...

Possible species of identification.. Yes yes it is.

Jk. Idk what it is!! I'm sure and expert will be here soon!

M

Maggie Cummings

Maybe racoon? They normally poop on the roofs though.. Could it be opossom? We see them regularly in summer here.

Close, I have coons in my yard nightly but normally they poop at the base of the tree they live in. So 'coons were one species, but I'm 95% sure they are .....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Might it be a giant toad?

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

M

Maggie Cummings

Might it be a giant toad?

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

And the prize goes to my sister, the poop expert!!! I have always known she was 'full of it', but this time she's surprised even me. I have never seen the toad, but in researching the stuff, every toad poop I saw matches this, so I am 95% sure it's a toad...
So watch your mailbox Yvonne, for the 1st place prize. It will come in a small box.......:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
And here I was gonna guess poop, and win the prize. Yes she has a sister,yvonne has lots of secrets,don't ask how I know.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
I want to see a picture of this big toad :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks for the link, I too would like to see this big toad, but I guess they are nocturnal, and I am not...