COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
My mother in law loves hers and I am amazed at how well it does in Ohio!
I got it from the Arbor Day Foundation so I'm sure they sent me a type that will do well here. I love mine too. It's beautiful and I think it drew my first hummingbird of the year FINALLY 😍. I haven't seen a single one until today maybe. I have a Rose of Sharon too so I think he'll be fine without the sugar water. Also the neighbors have Rose of Sharon. We'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I always cringe watching gymnastics. Afraid someone's gonna break their neck on live TV.
I do too but it's beautiful what they can do. I enjoy watching the ice skating too. They both remind me of a form of dancing. They probably love doing it or they wouldn't because of the risks.😊

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Beautiful day today, really fantastic weather.
We watched the Opening ceremonies...very cool.....the 100 yr old French Olympian was cool to see too.

I had a friend who claimed to ski like the famous French skier Jean Claude Killy, till I put him on ski's. Guess what? He boo boo'ed. When at first we deceive, what a web of lies we weave. Apparently those lies hurt, a lot! Lol

Life in the Nook
kerry got her new car this morning, I am following her home from the car dealership 91 miles from home. She calls: "I need gas"
Ok hon,I'll follow you to a gas station. Meanwhile I'm thinking that it was odd a new car came empty.

She rolls to the pump, I park on the side to wait.
3-4 minutes pass
Phone rings
" yes honey?"
"The gas won't go in the tank"
LOL (here we go)
"Don't worry sweetheart, I'll walk over"
I go over and take a seat in the driver's seat as she shows me the symbols which I am looking at for the first time-- a long while line with a short red line under it.

"It keeps turning off, maybe I'm pumping too fast, do I have the right gas, what could be wrong"

Next to these is a number
It read: 386 miles
I had to take a moment before starting my truck when I got back to it. I was just laughing too hard. Hey, no doubt she was nervous with it being the first time in a new car and I might have made the same mistake but that doesn't detract from the fact that it was just too funny to make up!

I know it might not always seem like it, but Kerry is the most magnificent woman I've ever met.....but it takes patience....lots of loving patience .....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Beautiful day today, really fantastic weather.
We watched the Opening ceremonies...very cool.....the 100 yr old French Olympian was cool to see too.

I had a friend who claimed to ski like the famous French skier Jean Claude Killy, till I put him on ski's. Guess what? He boo boo'ed. When at first we deceive, what a web of lies we weave. Apparently those lies hurt, a lot! Lol

Life in the Nook
kerry got her new car this morning, I am following her home from the car dealership 91 miles from home. She calls: "I need gas"
Ok hon,I'll follow you to a gas station. Meanwhile I'm thinking that it was odd a new car came empty.

She rolls to the pump, I park on the side to wait.
3-4 minutes pass
Phone rings
" yes honey?"
"The gas won't go in the tank"
LOL (here we go)
"Don't worry sweetheart, I'll walk over"
I go over and take a seat in the driver's seat as she shows me the symbols which I am looking at for the first time-- a long while line with a short red line under it.

"It keeps turning off, maybe I'm pumping too fast, do I have the right gas, what could be wrong"

Next to these is a number
It read: 386 miles
I had to take a moment before starting my truck when I got back to it. I was just laughing too hard. Hey, no doubt she was nervous with it being the first time in a new car and I might have made the same mistake but that doesn't detract from the fact that it was just too funny to make up!

I know it might not always seem like it, but Kerry is the most magnificent woman I've ever met.....but it takes patience....lots of loving patience .....
So was the tank full?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I watched as much of the opening ceremony as I could before I fell asleep. I enjoyed what I saw anyway. Especially the French national anthem and the other music too.