hey!

Elouise

Hi there, I'm new here! iv had my 2 herman tortoises for just over a year now they are 2 yr old and both boys! (King Kooper and Donatello)
I'm from norfolk and was just looking for somewhere to chat and get advice for my little ones! there is an inch between them on size! they get along sometimes, but now finding I'm having to separate them a lot more as the bigger one (King Kooper) keeps biting the smaller one (Donatello) and now Donatello has a small cut just above his eye, i just need a bit of advice really on what to do with them, i don't really want to separate them. but i hate seeing Donatello hurt!

Elouise :) :tort::<3:

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Seperate them! This is real common for one tort to get bigger and one to get smaller. He is being bullied and it will not end well for your submisive small guy. Torts do not do well in pairs :(

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello and welcome. We'd love to see pictures! :)

Tortoises are solitary animals and, generally, very territorial. I have a male and a female and still need to keep them in different enclosures because the male will pursue the female nonstop. She shut down from the stress and stopped eating. I highly recommend separating them.

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
This is typical tortoise behavior. This will not stop until you separate them or Donatello dies from being sick from the stress of constant bullying. He's smaller because he's not eating as much and constantly scared of the King. He needs his own space so he can be a king too. Pairs are never a good ideas mall heards with 1 male and several females.

Forgot to say welcome to TFO, got any pics?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Yes, separate ASAP if you don't want to see Donatello hurt anymore. :(

Be sure to post lots of pictures of them and your enclosure! We'd love to see!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Elouise, and welcome to the Forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Elouise welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Fine looking tortoises. +1 on the above advice. The stress from being bullied will lead to health problems. Tortoises don't get lonely. That's a human emotion. Welcome fro Southern Florida!!