Hey :)

Melman❤️

hi everyone!

My name is Lynne & I just got my first Hermanns just over a week ago, he is 1 year and 4 months old! And very cute! He wasn't really well handled got him from a pet shop. He is so adorable & i named him Melman (after the giraffe from Madagascar!) anyway tonight I took him out his table for a while and was stroking his legs and he fell fast asleep! He must feel really safe and loved ❤️❤️ I've attached photos of him :) he was so relaxed to fall asleep in my hand! ❤️

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. He is a cutie. Great pics. The only problem with them falling asleep on you. You don't want to ever get up or do anything to disturb them. And that's usually when you have an itch or have to use the rest room or the phone rings:D
Enjoy, he must love his new home and family.:)

Melman❤️

Hello and Welcome. He is a cutie. Great pics. The only problem with them falling asleep on you. You don't want to ever get up or do anything to disturb them. And that's usually when you have an itch or have to use the rest room or the phone rings:D
Enjoy, he must love his new home and family.:)

Hello :) thank you for the nice welcome!
Yes yes yes that is exactly how I felt! I had an itch on my arm and just had to let it pass
Also he's been asleep like this since 10pm it's now 3.30am and I've only just put him back in his table because he was just too comfortable! You can tell he's going to be spoilt!
And thank you I think he loves his new home and family too, he must be at ease with me to fall asleep on me like that for so long having his legs rubbed.
A few others I've spoke to said that their tortoises hate having their legs rubbed. He makes me laugh everyday with the funny things he does. I love him so much already and he is my best mate! ❤️

Melman❤️

If I stopped stroking his back leg he would push it further out and in and out as if to say DONT STOP!! Then I stroke his leg and he leave it out! That is just so cute. ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
That is adorable! My one boxie falls asleep on me sometimes, too! Usually up near my shoulder, though. If I'm holding him in my lap he will claw his way up to my shoulder then put his head down and doze.