Hi everyone, my name DG....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Cute tort. Just a few changes to his enclosure will keep him as cute as he is now. That substrate needs to go. It's the worse that could be used. Also there needs to be humidity, 80% with temps no lower then 80 with a basking of 95+. Also, please read Toms threads below in my post for proper housing and raisng of a smooth, healthy sulcata.

Also, didn't see a water dish. They should have a large but shallow water dish available 24/7 and be given warm water soaks every day for 20-30 minutes.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:). Cute tort. Just a few changes to his enclosure will keep him as cute as he is now. That substrate needs to go. It's the worse that could be used. Also there needs to be humidity, 80% with temps no lower then 80 with a basking of 95+. Also, please read Toms threads below in my post for proper housing and raisng of a smooth, healthy sulcata.

Also, didn't see a water dish. They should have a large but shallow water dish available 24/7 and be given warm water soaks every day for 20-30 minutes.

Great advice. Just remember: Keep it hot and humid.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Would you like some suggestions for improvements?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jonathan! I'm thinking, from your other posts, that your also have a Radiated? You're very lucky to have such a beautiful tortoise. Please read the "Important Threads" at the top of the Sulcata section. There is plenty of good info there on how to raise your new Sulcata, DG.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome you came to the right place to learn about your beautiful tortoise .

jonckt

5 Year Member
The Land Below The Wind
Hi,

I live in Malaysia , weather here is hot and humid.... weather is maintaining 29 - 31 degree C all the time. The humidity is from 70 - 85. I have place a humidifier next to it too... i had taken out the cat litter substrate. What would be the best substrate for sulcata, if i had a hot and humid plc in malaysia?

BTW, DG is the name of my sulcate......

Jonathan Chung