Hi from 2 red foots

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnastar252

5 Year Member
DSCN0786.JPGHi,

I've used this site for reference for awhile but I've just registered.

I have 2 redfoots that I "rescued" from a family who thought they'd be fun pets for their 5 year old girls. They realized within 6 months what a silly idea that was.

Both girls seem to be very happy, active, responsive and curious but one of them always seems to be sick. I've had them for 2 years and in that time the bigger one has had pneumonia (treated with shots), an unidentified 45 degree head tilt (went away eventually), and now she has these scabby growths on the side of her mouth. The other one has never had any problems. My problem is that I haven't found a vet that I trust, or hasn't had to look up the redfoot on Google. I figure I can do that for free.

So while I know we aren't vets, I will continue to use this site for reference and ideas, so HI!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Shawn (at least, I'm assuming it's "Shawn"):

Have you GOOGLED stomatitis or mouth rot? The pictures they show are of really bad, bad cases, and yours might not be that bad, but you can read about it and see if it may fit what's happening to your RF.

Glad you've finally signed up, and welcome to the Forum!!

shawnastar252

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Shawn (at least, I'm assuming it's "Shawn"):

Have you GOOGLED stomatitis or mouth rot? The pictures they show are of really bad, bad cases, and yours might not be that bad, but you can read about it and see if it may fit what's happening to your RF.

Glad you've finally signed up, and welcome to the Forum!!

Close, it's Shawna. I will go look that up now. I'm also going to call one of the vets listed on this site and see if I can get an appointment.

Thanks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad to have you joining in on the fun! Hope you enjoy it here.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Welcome to the forum! I hope you get things figured out. Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.