Hi from Auburn, California

sierraviewranch

Margie.jpegHappy to have found TortoiseForum:tort: and know we'll be here a lot to learn and share. Currently have 9 adult leopards, 2 clutches of hatchlings and one sulcata . . . horses, dogs, cat and koi. We are busy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I will warn you, we love seeing pictures. :D So how many youngsters are there in your two clutches worth of hatchlings? ... any split scutes? :rolleyes: :D

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . We also like to see pictures of your enclosures . Leopards rule :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

sierraviewranch

Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! I will warn you, we love seeing pictures. :D So how many youngsters are there in your two clutches worth of hatchlings? ... any split scutes? :rolleyes: :D

Hi Jacqui! No split scutes but there are some real lookers in the bunch. ;) We have 19 left (from two clutches, Jan and Feb).
sierraviewranch

Attachments

• FIRST 6 BABY TORTOISES 021013.jpeg
    FIRST 6 BABY TORTOISES 021013.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39

sierraviewranch

TortoiseYard Aug 2013.jpeg
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . We also like to see pictures of your enclosures . Leopards rule :)

Hi and thanks for the welcome! Attaching the only photo I have of our outdoor enclosure. We have "cross-fenced" this area to keep boys/girls and/or youngsters/adults separated from time to time. With Spring almost here they're spending their days outside, but always come in at night due to temps and predators.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
That is a great looking enclosure . But remember torts are funny if they can see out of the enclosure ? Then they want out real badly !

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My bestest sister, (don't tell the other two) lives in auburn as well. Karen,( my wife) and I have been known to travel down there. It'd be fun to hook up. Welcome to the forum.

sierraviewranch

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
That is a great looking enclosure . But remember torts are funny if they can see out of the enclosure ? Then they want out real badly !

You're absolutely right about that! We have made our cross-fencing out of digger pine tree lengths laid on the ground in squares to make 10x15 approx foot areas that can't be seen out of. Still, they cruise the perimeters as if to look for a way out. They're characters!

sierraviewranch

sierraviewranch said:
Jacqui said:

Hi Jacqui! No split scutes but there are some real lookers in the bunch. ;) We have 19 left (from two clutches, Jan and Feb).
sierraviewranch

Jacqui, actually there WAS one with an extra vertebral scute and in fact it is in the photo I'd attached. That was the first baby to sell.

sierraviewranch

Cowboy_Ken said:
My bestest sister, (don't tell the other two) lives in auburn as well. Karen,( my wife) and I have been known to travel down there. It'd be fun to hook up. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks Ken--and I won't tell a soul . . .

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Hi from Auburn, California

sierraviewranch said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
My bestest sister, (don't tell the other two)

I'm thinking this is the mother of his ""favorite neice"" as well. :rolleyes::p

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Hi from Auburn, California

Cowboy_Ken said:
tffnytorts said:
sierraviewranch said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
My bestest sister, (don't tell the other two)

I'm thinking this is the mother of his ""favorite neice"" as well. :rolleyes::p

Nope. Sorry Tiffany. Different sister. But good guess.

Darn! Oh well, I'll try again next time.