Hi from St Louis

Flipper

Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
Hello tortoise lovers :)

I'm a life time animal lover. I have a boston terrier and several goldfish tanks and a kitty :)

Im sorry to say I'm not a tortoise momma :( but I really want to be and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I find my tort for life!

I hope to to adopt a tortoise in need when the time is right.

I have one very silly question....... When you soak your tortoises and give them water do you declorinate it? Which declorinator does everyone use?

Thanks to those who read this!
Flipper

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I live in the city of Chicago and I give them the same water I drink, right from the faucet. If it's safe for you as is, it's safe for them. Good luck on your tortoise search. There is a lot of very good current info on this forum to learn from so you will be fully prepared for your tortoise. Do you know what kind you would like to get?

Flipper

MO, USA
Thanks for the welcome Wellington :D

I like the idea of Hermann's because the seem to stay smaller, but I'm not sure you can get them in the US. It also seems Russians and Greeks are very similar :oops:

My neighbor across the street uses pesticides on their grass. So, I'm scared to take a tort outside. I'm unsure exactly how sensitive they'd be:eek:

I'd probably try to grow weeds in pots to supplement their diet as well as share my succulents because I keep lots of aloe etc.

What do you all think?:confused:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
You can get Hermanns in the US. We have a phenomenal breeder on the forums here. Check out garden state tortoise's site.

Welcome! And good luck!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello mad Welcome. Good to have you here. I do believe you have your question answered.

This is a great place to learn and share. Nice to have you here..

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome! It's awesome you are doing your home work first .

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Flipper welcome to the TFO from AZ . Yes you can get Hermann's in the USA . ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401257689.484576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Flipper

MO, USA
Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I'm excited about the Hermann breeder on this forum :tort: