Hi from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellecahal

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm Michelle, mom to two girls that love tortoises and geckos. While we have an African Fat-Tail and a Crested gecko, we've been researching Sulcatas and saving for about a year now (it's so hard for a 10-year-old not to spend that allowance!!).

We're committed to making our new Sulcata friend as comfortable and healthy as possible. We have 8 acres of East Texas grassland/pasture and will devote quite a bit of it to our tortoise.

As soon as she gets that allowance saved up ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME.:D. If your saving for a baby, check out the threads at the bottom of my post. They are all good for Sulcata's. Good luck on the search and saving.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Michelle:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

If there are any tortoise rescues in east Texas, then your best bet is to try to pick up a tortoise from a rescue. Chances are it will be a bit bigger and already started. Baby tortoises are pretty hard to keep for the beginner tortoise-keeper.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

Sulcatas ROCK!

If you get one from a rescue it will be larger and probably ready for the yard not to mention, probably cheaper! (Your girls can always donate thier allowance to the Rescue center!)

spikeD

5 Year Member
I am from Houston and also a new owner of a cute little redfoot and new to the site. So from one newb to another welcome. The people on here are awesome. They helped me discover koopa was mistreated and in need of proper care. And now he is all set up has a great habitat and lots of room and as a pet lover he will get all he needs! So from what I found if you have any questions someone here will help.

EP429

5 Year Member
Central Texas
spikeD said:
I am from Houston and also a new owner of a cute little redfoot and new to the site. So from one newb to another welcome. The people on here are awesome. They helped me discover koopa was mistreated and in need of proper care. And now he is all set up has a great habitat and lots of room and as a pet lover he will get all he needs! So from what I found if you have any questions someone here will help.

Welcome!
I'm from the Austin area, there's a handful of us Texans on here.
I have 2 redfoots, I'm shooting for 3 or 4 before I call it quits. They shall be my living lawnmowers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.