Hi I need a few answers

Akcajuntransplant

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Charles
image.jpg Hi my names Amy and I aqcuired a tortoise a few months ago. He was rescued with a gecko out of a dumpster here in southwest louisana during our first cold snap. Since then he has found his way into everyone's hearts and we even turned down an offer to let him go. I've had a general vet who became a good friend of mine take a quick look at him and tell me he is a Male Greek. He also has a bit of trouble when the weather get cool with his back leg due to malnutrition before he was dropped off. He is now happy very healthy and active. He's taken to his greens and fresh grass (he gets them every day). He's still fairly small (his favorite spot to hang when not in his enclosure is in my hood. He will huff and puff if I don't put him there.) my questions are:

A) Is he really a Greek?

And

B)How old is he?

His name is kraken also. My husband named him because we were watching him eat some strawberries (which is his favorite treat, he gets them 2x a month because I get them for a treat for myself he gets the top and I eat the bottom) and he looked like he was deep in massacring his enemies (according to my husband). So the name stuck. He has turned out to be a very friendly little guy. Bit of a charmer too.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Welcome! I always enjoy the learning the reasons behind a name. A killer tortoise love it !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Such a sad story, dumping animals in a dumpster. So glad they were rescued and he has a loving home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Amy, and welcome to the Forum!

About all we can tell you is that he's not a baby. He looks pretty much full grown.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hello and welcome, that was a lucky find to rescue him!
He's an adult but that's all you'll be able to know for age since you can only know age if you know their hatch date.

How's the gecko he was rescued with doing?