Hi I'm new here just for fun can anyone sex my Hermann's coming up to 3 💚

zovick

10 Year Member!
Thanks for replying would this one help
It's still a bit hard to see the tail in the new photo, but the tail still appears to be that of a female and so does the shape of the supracaudal scute.

In a male, the tail would be longer and very thick at the base and the supracaudal scute would tend to curve back toward the body of the tortoise rather than flaring out and away from the body as it does in your animal.

reggiesmum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
It's still a bit hard to see the tail in the new photo, but the tail still appears to be that of a female and so does the shape of the supracaudal scute.

In a male, the tail would be longer and very thick at the base and the supracaudal scute would tend to curve back toward the body of the tortoise rather than flaring out and away from the body as it does in your animal.
Great thank you ,c I thought it might be female , is this a better pic ? Sorry it's quite hard to get one keeps moving tail upwards just to wind me up I think don't blame her tho 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_133334_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221213_133334_HDR.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Great thank you ,c I thought it might be female , is this a better pic ? Sorry it's quite hard to get one keeps moving tail upwards just to wind me up I think don't blame her tho 😂
Sorry 😐 but it's still a female.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Lol no need to say sorry as the first reply said it wasn't a clear enough pic and tbh I'm happy it's a female it isn't a issue for me plus I only have this one 🙂
That was just my idea of a joke. I have no clue, but Zovick certainly does!

reggiesmum

United Kingdom
That was just my idea of a joke. I have no clue, but Zovick certainly does!
Aah I got you lol she seems to know her stuff and was great reply as online I found it confusing she worded it perfectly. And thanks Tammy even for commenting lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your tortoise is still too young and small to be sure, but I agree with Mr. Zovick's assessment. As the tortoise nears maturity and the hormones begin to flow, the secondary sexual characteristics will begin to become more prominent.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you will find this thread helpful:

reggiesmum

United Kingdom
Your tortoise is still too young and small to be sure, but I agree with Mr. Zovick's assessment. As the tortoise nears maturity and the hormones begin to flow, the secondary sexual characteristics will begin to become more prominent.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you will find this thread helpful:
Thanks Tom . Yeah I thought might be still too young just nice to kind of have a idea. And sorry Mr zovick I called you a she oops lol

Last edited:

reggiesmum

United Kingdom

Sorry for calling you a she oops Mr zovick thanks for all the info was less confusing than the internet lol