Hi, I'm Norm

Norm

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm Norm!

I just got my first tortoise on 11/09/13. She's a Testudo horsfieldii. My fiance and I have named her Olga. Olga and I are from Belleville MI. We hope to learn more, make friends, and maybe bring more torts home eventually :) Thanks for welcoming us at the tortoise forum! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi and welcome! What caused you two to decide a tortoise was needed in your lives? :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Norm:

Welcome to the Forum!

Norm

5 Year Member
I've always been interested in all fauna. I keep a plethora of exotics, which I breed as a hobby. I've always wanted a turtle, which upon further research, I found was not a practical option for my family. The tortoise is an animal who's needs I can better cater to.

This particular tortoise was kind of spur of the moment decision, I admit. I vend local reptile shows, selling invertebrates. I happened to have some opportunities to trade this past month. A good friend of mine, who breeds tortoises assisted me in selecting this species, as well as a healthy specimen. Now that I have one, I'm hooked! Lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's even better news Norm!

Can I bug you for tarantula breeding advice? I've got G. pulchra and G. pulchripes. Wanna talk spiders?

I also have colonies of Blaptica dubia, Archmandrita tesselata, and Gromphadorhina portentosa. Plus a few other odds and ends...

Norm

5 Year Member
Several years ago, I began breeding parakeets. I still maintain my breeding colony. Within the past couple years, I've began breeding invertebrates. I keep and breed several species of tarantula, true spiders, scorpion, cockroaches (feeders and pets), and other miscellaneous bugs. I've also bred sand boas. :)

Norm

5 Year Member
That's awesome Tom! :) I'm always happy to talk bugs.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope when you have a chance, you will post pictures of some of them down in their sections.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Norm welcome to the TFO from AZ
Watch out torts are a lot like Lay's you cannt do just one !
I don't do bugs like you but I do mean worms and hissing roaches for my water turtles

Hello Norm welcome to the TFO from AZ
Watch out torts are a lot like Lay's you cannt do just one !
I don't do bugs like you but I do mean worms and hissing roaches for my water turtles

Sorry about twice

Norm

5 Year Member
Thank you Grandpa Turtle! :) I'm already looking for another tort or box turtle, lol. Looking forward to possibly adding torts to my captive breeding repertoire

smylemaker

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
welcome Norm... I would love to see pictures . I am new to all of this, am learning from these kind people... just wanted to say HI