Hi there!

BridgettZ

Location (City and/or State)
Apache Junction
Ginger Baker is a 17 yr old African Sulcata. My friend has had him since he was a baby. She is moving and could not take him with her, so I lucked out and got him! He is a real sweety! I have no experience with tortoises, but I do have a bearded dragon , 2 donkeys, a horse, a parrot snd 2 dogs. Other than the parrot & the dogs , I had no experience with any of these other rescues till I got them, and they are thriving. I’m excited for this journey!

Attachments

• BF43FFF3-BF53-4C49-A1D8-A42280DB1B9C.jpeg
    BF43FFF3-BF53-4C49-A1D8-A42280DB1B9C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • 76D55283-020B-4826-80F8-0FA5CAA13B60.jpeg
    76D55283-020B-4826-80F8-0FA5CAA13B60.jpeg
    836.5 KB · Views: 11

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What a beauty Ginger is! Do you have a warm night box for Ginger. Sulcata's don't hibernate and burrowing in the ground won't be good enough for Ginger to stay warm.

BridgettZ

Apache Junction
Welcome. Nice sully. Please never let the dogs near him without 100% supervision. They quickly become chew toys even with the best trained dogs.
Thank you! My dog is obsessed with him. I will continue to keep her away ❤️
What a beauty Ginger is! Do you have a warm night box for Ginger. Sulcata's don't hibernate and burrowing in the ground won't be good enough for Ginger to stay warm.
Yes! He has a nice house we made. Cinder block sides, filled with dirt for insulation, an insulated roof, a thick moving blanket as a door. I have an oil circulating radiator inside.

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Welcome to you and your rescue babies,Ginger is beautiful,you have found the right place there is so much help here and friendly people it's nice to meet you I'm from central Florida,and have bought a hermann's tort i bought it because my mom has wanted one for a very very long time so on her 77th birthday Hermie showed up with birthday breakfast you should have seen her face she was instantly in love??

BridgettZ

Apache Junction
Welcome to you and your rescue babies,Ginger is beautiful,you have found the right place there is so much help here and friendly people it's nice to meet you I'm from central Florida,and have bought a hermann's tort i bought it because my mom has wanted one for a very very long time so on her 77th birthday Hermie showed up with birthday breakfast you should have seen her face she was instantly in love??
That’s such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do for your Mom! ?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to another animal lover! Ginger Baker got lucky too!

BridgettZ

Apache Junction
I put her through enough in my life,as a young son i was no day at the beach,plus you only get one mom like her in your life if you get lucky?
I feel you on that one, lol. I lost my Mom when she was 59...I miss her, so glad you don't take having your Mom for granted, Moms don't care how much hell you give em, as long as they grow up to appreciate them and love their life.