Hibernating ebt's outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Tortoise95

5 Year Member
I recently received this ebt pair, have been keeping them outside and going to hibernate them. I have never kept my turtles and tortoises outside overnight....i live in kansas and its been getting chilly at night. When i go out to check on them at night they are dormant but they are always up walking around in the morning. Is it ok for them to go dormant at night? They will stop coming out during the day when they are ready to hibernate right? They deffinatley are not eating as much as they were.....the person i got them from said he lets them go into hibernation middle or end of october.

Attachments

• 20120908_102913.jpg
    20120908_102913.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
If that's one of the turtles in the photo that you're referring to that's not an Eastern Box turtle! I believe that is an Ornate Box turtle which is native to Kansas and should do absolutely fine outdoors as long as adequate shelter and hibernation quarters are provided.

Mr.Tortoise95

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
If that's one of the turtles in the photo that you're referring to that's not an Eastern Box turtle! I believe that is an Ornate Box turtle which is native to Kansas and should do absolutely fine outdoors as long as adequate shelter and hibernation quarters are provided.

Ohhh wow lol i was told they were eastern. Thanks a lot. The guy didnt give me very much info about them.

Well i feel stupid!!!

Mky2k

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central New Jersey
Glad someone mentioned that, I noticed they weren't ebt's and was like well, maybe they just have a weird coloration.

Status
Not open for further replies.