Hibernation

Torty23

Location (City and/or State)
Middle East
So my Greek girl been sleeping all day yesterday and still now , she was active the day before and suddenly she went into deep sleep , the weather is a somewhat colder but not the point where i think she should hibernate (roughly 18 C) .
I was wondering if it's normal for her to do that or not also I personally wouldn't risk hibernating her this winter since i just got her and i have no idea how her feeding was , so is there a way i could wake her up or something ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It shouldn't matter if your weather is cold or hot. If the tortoise is in her own climate controlled enclosure, she won't know what the outside weather is like. A tortoise should be living in an enclosure with heat and lights, a waterer and a feeding station, and a couple hiding places. Here's an example:

1636986690911.png

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
So my Greek girl been sleeping all day yesterday and still now , she was active the day before and suddenly she went into deep sleep , the weather is a somewhat colder but not the point where i think she should hibernate (roughly 18 C) .
I was wondering if it's normal for her to do that or not also I personally wouldn't risk hibernating her this winter since i just got her and i have no idea how her feeding was , so is there a way i could wake her up or something ?
I saw that @Tom posted the comprehensive caresheet on your other thread. You really should read through that first because it will answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck!