Hibernation

Kaheidinger

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hi I put my tortoise into the fridge for hibernation on Tuesday. I have been checking her and I found she is still awake and she peed. I gave her water to rehydrate her. I think I can put her back in in a day or so because she never went fully into hibernation. But Im nervous. She is about 10 and I have successfully hibernated her 2 times before. I am just scared and need reassurance. Please help.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!

I can't advise on brumation as I have a non-brumating specie. However you can give more details on your case for the more experienced members here:
1. What tortoise specie do you have?
2. What are the temperatures in the fridge?
3. How did you prepare for brumation, has she shown signs of slowing down and going to brumate?

Just in case, if you haven't seen this thread before, there is comprehensive information on brumation:

Kaheidinger

Connecticut
Hello!

I can't advise on brumation as I have a non-brumating specie. However you can give more details on your case for the more experienced members here:
3. How did you prepare for brumation, has she shown signs of slowing down and going to brumate?

Just in case, if you haven't seen this thread before, there is comprehensive information on brumation:
S
Hello!

She is a Hermans tortoise. And she was slowed down.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi I put my tortoise into the fridge for hibernation on Tuesday. I have been checking her and I found she is still awake and she peed. I gave her water to rehydrate her. I think I can put her back in in a day or so because she never went fully into hibernation. But Im nervous. She is about 10 and I have successfully hibernated her 2 times before. I am just scared and need reassurance. Please help.
Read the thread to make sure you haven't overlooked anything.

What is the temp inside the fridge?

I would not be concerned about the tortoise peeing or moving about a bit, as long as the lead-in to brumation was done correctly and the temperature is correct for the species.