Hide Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

agray1222

5 Year Member
I have another question. And I am sure there are many to come as well. I was wondering which side the Hide Boxes for Redfoot Tortoises go on? We have a reptile store here in town (Blazin' Reptiles in Jacksonville, Fl) and they told me that the Hide Box should be placed on the warm side. I am using an all in one bulb that give the UVB and UVA. I was also worried that the housing was not warm enough because the temp gauge was only showing about 80 degrees. They said if I was really concerned to get an under the tank heater and place that under the Hide on the outside of their tank.

So to recap I have a cool side with no light and their water bowl. On the all in one lighting side I have an under the tank heater, the 160 Watt UVB/UVA bulb, their hide and it is still only about 80 degrees. What am I doing wrong?

These little guys are causing me have an ulcer I am worrying about them so much.

Help Please....

Thanks,

Andrea

chairman

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
For pretty much any tortoise you should offer hides on both the warm side and the cool side of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.