High yellow Pyxis Arachnoides

mitchellr

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421227566.409848.jpghi guys please allow me to share my newly arrived pyxis arachnoides arachnoides.

It's so accustomed to eat only hibiscus that it actually rejects anything else that's not red color.

His nature is very calm just like normal Paa. Lol.

Please do share your experience with pyxis, anything would be nice since i dont have much experience with pyxis.

Thanks :)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421227760.103953.jpg

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
What a beauty. Wait I meant to say your lack of experience with this species is apparent as someone stuck you with this terrible specimen.
Please ship it to me before your reputation is ruined.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
View attachment 114268hi guys please allow me to share my newly arrived pyxis arachnoides arachnoides.

It's so accustomed to eat only hibiscus that it actually rejects anything else that's not red color.

His nature is very calm just like normal Paa. Lol.

Please do share your experience with pyxis, anything would be nice since i dont have much experience with pyxis.

That has got to be one of the best if not the best looking torts I have ever seen. Its stunning. May I ask how much I would be expected to pay for one of those. It looks so :cool:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Talking about beautiful! ! ! !

WOW..........

mitchellr

5 Year Member
Thank you all.

Im having hard time in feeding it. It only wants hibiscus and my hibiscus tree is dead few weeks ago so im stealing neighbour's. Lol

Need to introduce him to cactus, mushroom, mulberry leaves, etc

He is so pretty i can stare at him all day. Haha

Turtlepete

South Florida
Thank you all.

Im having hard time in feeding it. It only wants hibiscus and my hibiscus tree is dead few weeks ago so im stealing neighbour's. Lol

Need to introduce him to cactus, mushroom, mulberry leaves, etc

He is so pretty i can stare at him all day. Haha

Not that I've seen a lot, but thats the best Paa I've ever seen. Did you raise it?

mitchellr

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421291851.600120.jpg

No i didnt raise it. It was a WC and got imported last year.

CB wont be having the same intensity of yellowness as this one.

Thank you.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Wow….Was not aware they were still exported from Madagascar in any way. Surprised they do so well at 1 year LTC though….Interesting about the statement of varying amounts of yellowness from WC specimens though.

mitchellr

5 Year Member
Im not sure that they are imported to indo from madagascar. I believe it transited in bangkok since bkk truly is the hub of every illegal reptiles.

Truly a dilemma of wanting to conserve the species in madagascar and owning one. But since this one was imported already then it better be staying at my house. Lol

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
That was the tortoise I've always wanted!!! But I thought there was no way of getting that beauty so I searched and fell for Redfoots :<3: You are lucky!! They are such unique looking tortoises!! I need more pics to look at of your beauties!!

mitchellr

5 Year Member
Where are you located? These animals are illegal. So in many countries this would be impossible to obtain.

Btw it was sexed as a she. Happy to hear it.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421296937.047497.jpg

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yeah I know they are illegal, that's why I'll never have one :( but man they are so cool looking & a true beauty indeed! I'm in Michigan.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Where are you located? These animals are illegal. So in many countries this would be impossible to obtain.

Btw it was sexed as a she. Happy to hear it.

View attachment 114345

So you're from the states right? This animal is WC from Madagascar right? Sorry sometimes I don't understand everything..
I know that there is an export forbade of all Madagascar tortoises. That's my problem too I want for so long time kinixys belliana domerguei so the subspecies of belliana in Madagascar but no chance.. Do you import the animal by yourself? Or did he imported by a special permission?