Homes eggs.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Well my biggest homeana just laid a clutch of 4. See how we go this time. All my others were duds or I did something wrong.
I've put them in a tub in the same substrate she laid them in(coir) then put spaghnum over them for a 4 wk diapause.
If anyone can tell me about there successful methods to hatch this species I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Craig.
IMG_20160116_195356.jpg

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Congrats, what is the size? Up to now I don't think I see any veins in the first three :(

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Congrats, what is the size? Up to now I don't think I see any veins in the first three :(
I've not measured them yet. It was late last night and have to take kids out sledging in the snow today. Well the kids are my best excuse. Lol.

Zoey1969

UK
I've incubated loads and only hatched one , so I don't know if I'm any help. But I incubated at 32C and 80% humidity. On vermiculite with sphagnum moss on top. In an ice cream tub with a lid on.
Good luck!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Since my first post I've had 2 more clutches of 3. So I now have 3 clutches from 3 different females (10 eggs)and the fourth female is acting agitated.

However I may have dropped a bit of clanger.

I put them on top of my viv over the cool end to diapause. Out of the 1st clutch of 4, 3 are chaulking up. I put the temp gun on the eggs and the reading is 77f.
Sooooo, now what do I do?
•Leave them there to hopefully hatch.
•Leave them to fully chaulk then place in the incubator.
•Put them straight in the incubator now.

If they are chaulking does this mean they are definitely fertile?

I'm guessing the chaulking is not supposed to happen during the diapause stage.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I've incubated loads and only hatched one , so I don't know if I'm any help. But I incubated at 32C and 80% humidity. On vermiculite with sphagnum moss on top. In an ice cream tub with a lid on.
Good luck!

I'm my opinion you have to incubate the eggs a bit colder and with more humidity. Maybe with 26-30 degrees and 90-100% humidity.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Well I was cleaning out the homeana yesterday, mixed up the substrate and added some fresh coir. Whilst doing this I found 3 clutches . 2 and 2 were rotten(binned them). I guess I let this side of the enclosure get to moist. The 3rd clutch of 3 seemed fresh, they still had slime on the eggs.
Today I had 2 more lay, clutches of 3 and 4.
Total of 20 eggs now. Fingers crossed.
I don't have these eggs in an incubator, not enough space due to redfoot eggs. These are in containers on top of my vivarium. Temps have varied from 25.4°c to 28°c. I spray the moss weekly. They are sat in coir with moss over them, and the lid of the container sat on top loosely, holding humidity in.
Most have chalked, so we will see.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Well I was cleaning out the homeana yesterday, mixed up the substrate and added some fresh coir. Whilst doing this I found 3 clutches . 2 and 2 were rotten(binned them). I guess I let this side of the enclosure get to moist. The 3rd clutch of 3 seemed fresh, they still had slime on the eggs.
Today I had 2 more lay, clutches of 3 and 4.
Total of 20 eggs now. Fingers crossed.
I don't have these eggs in an incubator, not enough space due to redfoot eggs. These are in containers on top of my vivarium. Temps have varied from 25.4°c to 28°c. I spray the moss weekly. They are sat in coir with moss over them, and the lid of the container sat on top loosely, holding humidity in.
Most have chalked, so we will see.
Congrats and good luck with the new clutch :D

Zoey1969

UK
Wow!! Good luck and be patient, could take a while :) my girl is digging haven't got eggs yet!