My k.erosa nested,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
zone 7b
After many weeks of pacing and digging she has laid a clutch of six eggs. Now comes the hard part. I have them in a plastic box on the top shelf in the turtle room. I filled the box with peat and compost from her enclosure. Currenlty it is 82F, though it will vary a some in both directions. I hope this works, I am also going to use this method for upcoming homeana clutches.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Congrats Ben!!! Come on Erosa!!! Keep us posted on how they progress.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
One week into incubation. Temps fluctuate from 79-84F, this happens slowly, day to night. The shells have nice color and texture, I hope to see some development in future weeks. I also placed the eggs vertical, as they were placed in the nest.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Benjamin said:
One week into incubation. Temps fluctuate from 79-84F, this happens slowly, day to night. The shells have nice color and texture, I hope to see some development in future weeks. I also placed the eggs vertical, as they were placed in the nest.

Ben did she simply make a "hollow" in the substrate and deposit them and then "back-fill" to cover them with the leaf-litter, etc.? - not 2" below the surface.

Another .erosa keeper and I have only found eggs as described above.. will you confirm this so the difference is fully understood please?

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Redfoot NERD said:
Benjamin said:

Ben did she simply make a "hollow" in the substrate and deposit them and then "back-fill" to cover them with the leaf-litter, etc.? - not 2" below the surface.

Another .erosa keeper and I have only found eggs as described above.. will you confirm this so the difference is fully understood please?
She dug a "proper" tortoise style nest, not what you describe. They are interesting tortoises, keep us thinking.:tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.